Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The baby is due tomorrow but....

I thought by now I would be blogging about my beautiful new baby boy... not so much! My doctor assured me that our baby would be coming early due to the fact that I was 1 centimeter dilated 4 or 5 weeks ago. When I went in this past Friday I was still 1 centimeter dilated, and if that news wasn't depressing enough she told me that because my body isn't responding I need to prepare for a LONG labor. I guess the babies head is ready to go and I am having a ton of contractions, pressure, and pain but my body isn't doing anything about it. I will be one of those 30+ hr laborers. The other news we found out is that by this week our baby should be around the 8 1/2+ pound range and by next week which is when I will be induced if he doesn't show up on his own, he will be in the 9+ pound range. I realize a few of you have had 9 lb babies but I am sure it won't be as pleasant an experience. So that's the update... if any of you feel like eating a bunch of chocolate just give me a call although I don't know if that will help with the babies' size. :)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Don't worry Jill! They told me that too with Caydon (that he'd be big and I'd have a long labor) and he still came SUPER fast and was 7 lbs. 11 oz. I would love to eat some chocolate with you...in fact I can even make some fudge?!? Let me know! Lol.

Courtney and Nate said...

I'm like Jenny...doc's told me NJ would be huge and he was 8 lbs 10 oz, and they told me I'd have to be induced and have a long labor because I wasn't dilated at all but he came on his own and it was really quick! Good luck, Jill! I'll eat chocolate with you anytime! (Fudge sounds awesome, Jenny!)

Lu and Bran Muffin said...

Fudge does sound real good. Count me in. Jill, you are athletic aka you will push that sucker right on out! If he is 9 lbs then you can be in my and Jenny and Mary's club! What could be better!? Don't worry, just know you're gonna have the cutest, best smelling, sweet, and handsome little boy after all the crap you've been through!

Plus, no matter what, it's going to be an awesome story and I can't wait to hear you tell it!!

Super B said...

I honestly think you should take what the doctors say with a grain of salt. I mean, they were already wrong about when he would get here...so, don't worry. It will be fine. And you will be fine and the baby will come when he is ready and your body will be able to handle labor, no matter how long it is. And you will do wonderfully! You were made for this!! And yeah, you will rock!

Unknown said...

oYou are going to be awesome no matter how big that cute littl guy is...just know that it's best not to rush him out so keep happy with as much chocolate as you need. Just think positive! You are hardcore and all this will be SO SO SO worth it when you see how perfect he is :)